Sunday, January 22, 2012

Glendale Glitters

Glendale Glitters is a display of approximately 1.5 million lights over twelve to sixteen blocks in Historic Downtown Glendale.  It begins Thanksgiving weekend and ends with a block party which took place this year on January 14th.  The block party is a good night to attend if you like hot air balloons.  They are tethered in the streets and are just beautiful when fired up.  There didn’t seem to be as many this year as in years past, so that was a little bit disappointing, but it’s possible that was due to my leaving too early. 

Here’s a good article about Glendale Glitters.


Here are some pictures I took at this year's block party.

There are a lot of booths with people selling handmade craft items, food items, and other assorted goods.  I had to laugh at this sign on a booth that sold different kinds of chocolates.



The petting zoo was . . . well . . . a zoo!  At one point a little girl was carrying around a chicken.  So cute!


Throughout the downtown area are different bands.  I took this picture right before I got to the main stage. 


I remembered this balloon from past years. 




I took this picture right before I left.  Such a beautiful balloon! 


Here are some pictures I took from the 2009 - 2010 season.

Here's the bumblebee/wasp balloon again!




I love this picture of the street with the balloon in the background.






No comments:

Post a Comment