Sunday, September 29, 2013

Home Decor Inspiration from Packaging

One never knows where they are going to get inspiration from, and in this particular case I got it from the packaging of "Pinecones and Birch" wax cubes from Better Homes and Gardens/Scentsationals.  I first found wax cubes for melting in a little shop in Sedona a long time ago when I was there after moving to Arizona.  I think I was first in that shop something like ten years ago.  Since then, I've come across wax melts in small shops and places such as craft fairs in some of the small towns in Arizona.  For as long as I can remember, if I'm home and not sleeping there is probably a candle burning.  I began melting wax tarts more frequently when Better Homes and Gardens/Scentsationals began selling them and they were readily available.  Anyway, I picked up the Pinecones and Birch scent and thought the picture on the front of the packaging was really nice so I recreated it from items I already had on hand.  The only thing missing is the lit garland.  It's a nice display and looks particularly nice when the candles are lit at night.






This is a birch wood candle holder surrounded by pine cones similar to the one in the picture.


I added a candle holder made of cactus wood to the display.


No comments:

Post a Comment