Saturday, November 16, 2013

Halloween 2013

I'm very late posting this but have been busy since Halloween.  Halloween in my neighborhood is so much fun.  By the time October 31st rolls around we're finally out of the triple digits so everyone sits outside in their driveways to hand out candy and enjoy the relatively cool weather.  Everyone is so busy these days so it's a nice chance to catch up with some of the neighbors I don't get a chance to talk to often.  This year, I had probably around 125 -150 trick or treaters in all.  I handed out all 80 of the goody bags I had made up and then there were plenty of kids who were either too old or too young to be "sorted" so I had plenty of candy on hand for them as well.  Below are some pictures of Halloween decorations in the neighborhood.  Some I took while taking a walk the night before and some I took on Halloween in between groups of kids and when I went for a walk around the neighborhood after things slowed down.  




This is actually a large bush on which they arranged lights to look like a huge pumpkin.


This is the same house.  This is a really weird dog house type of thing with a fence around it.


This is also the same house as the two pictures above.  They really have some different types of decorations in their yard.


I think this is one of the creepiest things I've ever seen in someone's yard.  Sometimes these "creepy" decorations come off as cheesy, but there's something about this that is just disturbing.  lol!  I was talking to my neighbor in whose yard it's in and I was telling him how disturbing I found it and he said it even creeped him out and he made it!





This is a view looking down the street.


These are the pumpkins I had on my porch this year.  The one on the left is a real one that I carved, and the one on the right is a ceramic pumpkin.


This is a picture of a wooden cross that's in the same neighbor's yard as that very disturbing decoration pictured above.  They also had a really rickety fence put up.


Also in the same yard as the creepy decoration.


Another shot of the creepiest decoration I've ever seen.



This guy goes overboard with the decorations every year and they usually have a haunted house as well but he didn't this year (something having to do with football).  You should see his house at Christmas!



Buh-bye triple digits!  People outside everywhere.


This thing startled the heck out of me.  I was standing in front of it not knowing that it is motion activated.  I suddenly felt (and heard!) a blast of air coming from that hole in its mouth.




This was really a bizarre decoration.  It's a huge crib with a bunch of really creepy looking babies hanging all over it.  




































No comments:

Post a Comment