Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Harry Potter Crafts - Weasleys Wizard Wheezes

Anybody who has read the Harry Potter books knows that Weasleys Wizard Wheezes was the joke shop Fred and George Weasley opened up in Diagon Alley after they left Hogwarts in a blaze of glory.  For this project, I challenged myself to make a Weasleys Wizard Wheezes using only craft items, with the exception of the "building", I had on hand.  So I went to some rummage sales in search of that and found a dollhouse for $5.00.  Because I used scraps and other things I had on hand, this entire project cost only $5.00.  When I purchased the dollhouse, it was painted in colors of pink and purple, so the first thing I did was paint it using some paint that had been used to paint the outside of my house.  



For the mail room, I just took pieces of styrofoam in various sizes and covered them with pieces of brown paper bag.  I then labeled them "Weasleys Wizard Wheezes - 93 Diagon Alley - Longon, England."


I made a little testing room by randomly hanging things from the ceiling and splattering paint on the walls.  The sign on the right reads "Keep Out!" and the sign on the left reads "Warning - Testing in Progress."



The two cabinets against the wall are pieces of doll house furniture I had in my stash.  I painted one of them pink.  The pile of stones are red craft stones, and I made the two blue boxes from small pieces of wood.  I have no idea where I got the bees from, but they were in my stash and I thought they were so cute so I glued them to the ceiling.


If I remember right, I cut these little red beads from some Christmas garland.

I had some white foam snowflakes left over from a mini-album I finished a little while ago and to make these I just stamped them with different color ink.




The twins sold a line of love potions called Wonder Witch Love Potions.  I painted little pieces of wood red and pink and stacked them on a piece of dollhouse furniture as well as placing some in a bin on the left side of the room.  I also placed wooden bowls of potpourri on the dollhouse furniture and on the floor.  The pink trunk in the corner contains lace and fabric flowers, and I put some ribbon roses on a couple of little tables as well as in a pile on the floor.



I turned this room into a little cafe.


I had these soda cups in my stash that I thought were cute, but they were way too big so I added the "Engorgement Charmed Muggle Soda" sign above them.
 

I added some little shelves on the back wall to make room for more products and made the tables and the bins that are on the floor of the room.  I filled the bins with an assortment of things such as beads, pieces of pipe cleaner, etc.  On the back table are some products mentioned in the books, as well as some things I created from some things in my craft stash.  On the middle table are some Halloween items.  The items on the left and right of the table are simply pieces of wood onto which I put some stickers, and in the middle of the table are little foam stickers I glued upright.


This is a piece of dollhouse furniture that I painted a light color.  I then painted little pieces of wood randomly in colors of blue, pink, and yellow and randomly glued them into and on top of the cabinet.



For the Canary Creams, I just cut a piece of wood into little pieces and painted them yellow.  For the Decoy Detonators, I painted little pieces of wood a dark purple color.


I don't recall where I got this either, but it looks real so I just glued a couple of them to the back wall.


This is the entryway of the store and is still a work in progress.  There's a lot of room to add things here and it looks a little bare so I'll add things here and there as I come up with ideas or items in my craft stash I can use.  On the left are just little wooden sticks that I dipped in some sort of glitter glue and on the right is just a little wooden trunk that I filled with candy.  I don't recall where I got the little owl, but I thought it was cute so I just set it on the front desk.  I made the sign - Weasleys Wizarard Wheezes - by painting a piece of wood, printing the sign on a piece of cardstock, distressing the edges to give it an aged look, and attaching it to the wood.




1 comment: