Monday, October 28, 2013

Harry Potter Crafts - Monster Book of Monsters

The Monster Book of Monsters was the required textbook for Care of Magical Creatures when Hagrid taught the class in Harry's third year.  When the belt was removed, the book would bite anyone who tried to touch it.


I couldn't bring myself to destroy a real book to make this, so I went looking at the craft store for an alternative.  Sure enough, I found a cardboard box that was in the shape of a book at Michaels.  I covered it with fun fur and then cut out spaces for the title of the book.  I covered this area with brown felt.  I used red craft rocks for the eyes of the book.  I don't recall where I found the belt, but I thought it was perfect for the book. 


 I used felt lettering for the title of the book.



This is the inside of the book.  I cut up light grey copy paper, stacked it, and then placed it inside the book to create the pages.  I then decided to cut a square out of the middle of it so that the book could double as a little purse for carrying along with a Harry Potter related costume on Halloween.  

 

1 comment: